If you are searching for “Elevator Maintenance Denver“, Colorado Elevator Solutions can help! In this post we have included the best elevator maintenance tips and a great elevator maintenance checklist for elevator owners in Denver, Colorado. Furthermore, if you are looking for elevator services, learn more about our elevator maintenance services here.
Since the creation of elevators, we have enjoyed them and made them popular as an expected fixture for multi-storied buildings. High traffic areas such as hospitals and commercial offices may utilize elevators over hundreds of time a day, usually without even noticing the elevator. Getting routine maintenance performed on your elevators is the only way to prevent major elevator problems or costly elevator repairs. Learn more about elevator maintenance and what you should be focused on below.
Elevator Maintenance Tips
Normally, elevators are only noticed if they have issues or breakdown. Dealing with constant elevator problems with the elevator doesn’t need to be recurring. Use these tips the next time that you are thinking about maintenance for your elevator.
1. Become Proactive
Doing regular inspections are the key to maintaining your elevator. Regular inspections ensure that you will be aware if there is an issue that needs to be repaired, as well as gives you a sense of the overall condition. Have the elevators been modernized or does it need to be upgraded?
Understanding the condition of your elevator will help you when you try to align budgets and operations with the maintenance task.
2. Maintain the elevator regularly
With the demands that come with managing a large facility, it is hard to keep from going into a reactive form of maintenance. Issues that aren’t seen are often left until the problem shows signs. This causes repairs that are reactive and not prevented.
Elevators that become out of order can be a big inconvenience, which is why you should keep a regular maintenance schedule. Keep up with service helps to keep your minor issue from getting worse, which saves money, hassle and time. Regular maintenance also extends the life of the elevator, which frees up the budget for other improvements to the facility.
3. Prioritize Safety
Maintaining safety of your elevator is top priority. This extends to passenger and the maintenance team that does repairs and maintenance.
ASME is the best organization for elevator maintenance. In the safety code for elevators, they outline just how important it is to have a written maintenance plan. The schedule that is recommended and useful for sustaining and creating a regular maintenance program, which helps ensure the safety of the elevator. You can also store a written guide within the CMMS to be accessed easily and repair teams can update the guide when needed.
4. Understanding potential issues and become prepared
Understanding the common issues with your elevator will be helpful when creating a schedule for any repairs. 70% of service calls for elevators are due to non-functioning doors, according to Facilities.net.
In order to reduce chance of this happening, consider using what is known as a closed loop door operator. This is a system that will monitor the opening and closing of a door speed, and will compare the numbers to standards. The operator will then add needed force that gives consistent operation. It is an investment, but it is worth the money when compared to future repairs and maintenance.
5. Remember Contractors
Although you may be more comfortable taking care of the minor issues, the more involve and larger issues may need outside help.
To find the most reliable contractor for your needs, there are several programs that will point you in the right directions from the National Association of Elevator Contractors. Next time that you consider a contractor, use one that is part of the NAEC program. Try to ensure that they are part of the Certified Elevator Technician program from NAEC.
If you have been looking for elevator maintenance within Denver, Colorado then you have come to the right place. Colorado Elevator Solutions will provide you with elevator modernizing, maintenance, repair and much more. Learn more about the benefits of elevator modernization.
Elevator Maintenance Checklist
Have you ever thought about what an elevator service technician is doing while performing maintenance on your elevators? Here we will give you an insider’s look at the checklist elevator companies use in their elevator inspections. Although, this is just the tip of the iceberg, the full checklist an elevator mechanic would perform can get much more detailed.
Maintenance Inside The Car
- Inspect the elevator’s interior for damage to the handrails, ceiling and walls
- Inspect the indicator lights and replaced burned out lights
- Operate the elevator going both up and down, then inspect the deceleration, acceleration and leveling accuracy. Make adjustments as needed
- Inspect to make sure the door doesn’t bounce or slam closed and moves smoothly
- Ensure the door restrictor works correctly and make necessary repairs
Maintenance Outside The Car
- Check the lights and hall stations and replace burned out lights
- Examine the door panel and any clearances
- Conduct a phase one firefighters’ service
Machine Room Maintenance
- Ensure that the machine room doesn’t have any material not related to the elevator in it
- Check components for wear, unusual vibration and leaks
- Inspect the electrical components if needed
- Check oil levels
- Make adjustments or schedule a follow-service
Top of Car Maintenance
- Check that the inspection station and stop switch function properly
- Remove all debris from the car’s top
- Inspect visible components such as leveling devices, guide rails, and rollers
- Inspect traveling cables and connections for wear
- Examine the door operator and components
- Check hoistway for evidence of vandalism, fire safety and rodents
- Ensure the GFI outlet, lights and stop switch work properly
- Clean and check for signs of leaks in pit
- Inspect spring buffers for secure attachment, alignment and signs of corrosion
- Inspect visible components such as switches, safeties, guide rails and rollers
- Check travel cable for snags, pinches and wear
- Make sure sump pump is operating correctly and clean
- Log any observations, other problems and recommendations
Download our elevator maintenance checklist PDF
Elevator Maintenance & Repair Services In Denver, Colorado
If you are looking for professional elevator upgrades, elevator modernization, elevator maintenance or elevator repair in Denver, Colorado, Colorado Elevator Solutions can help!
Benefits of Elevator Maintenance With Colorado Elevator Solutions
- Minimize downtime of your elevators
- Minimize repairs before they happen
- Fast response times of our elevator technicians
- Proper elevator repair, service & maintenance
- Extend the life of your elevators
- Open & Clear communication
- Can still help with maintenance even if you are locked in a contract
- We also provide elevator upgrades & modernization